Career Exploration: In doubt of what career to pursue, or just wanting to make sure you have chosen the right one? The resources below can help you make that very important decision!
- Focus 2: Focus 2 is a tool to help you choose the right career path at VC! When creating your account, please use ACCESS CODE: pirates.
- TEXASgenuine - Not sure of your career interests? Take the TEXASgenuine assessment and find your future.
- Reality Check - Will the career you have chosen meet the financial demands of the lifestyle you wish to have? Reality Check will help you answer that question!
- VC/UHV Library`s Career Resources - Our library offers multiple online resources to assist with career exploration.
- O*Net - This free resource offers descriptions of careers, education needed to work, salary and more!
- Student Success Workshops - These face-to-face workshops are free and designed to teach you how to use online tools to help you navigate the career exploration world. Be on the lookout for schedules at the beginning of Fall and Spring semester.
Job Hunting: To find your dream job, you must start preparing for the hunt as early as possible. These services and resources will help you prepare the documents you need to submit for job applications, give you great tips on how to look for jobs and how to prepare your interviews.
- Resume/cover letter review - Bring your resume and cover letter to the Advising Office for a review and advice on how to use those documents to help you stand out.
- Student Success Workshops - These face-to-face workshops are free and designed to give you valuable information on how to write your resume and cover letter, and how to prepare for job interviews. Be on the lookout for schedules at the beginning of Fall and Spring semester.
- Victoria College Student Employment Opportunities - Work-study opportunities for current VC students. For information face-to-face, please stop by the Human Resources office in the Academic Building (AB) room 104.
- Workforce Solutions - Workforce Solutions offers “career and employment opportunities to job seekers in the Golden Crescent area.”
- AfterCollege (students) - Explore jobs and internships based on your field of study and discover opportunities that match your personal interests. Give feedback over time and watch your job matches get better with each visit.